Video access option not working

Video access option not working was created by dacm

Hi,
I have 4 Viewing Access Levels on my website (public, registered, membership, special). I need to create a video gallery with different category permissions. So far, the video gallery is working OK but it shows all the categories and videos even if I change the access parameter (inside categories and the videos).

For instance, if the video gallery on the main menu is set to public, then everyone have access to all videos (even to categories and videos set to registered and membership).

Is it possible to accomplish something like that with the free version? or just with a license? or is not possible? :O

I appreciate any advice on this.
8 years 9 months ago #904

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Administrator on topic Video access option not working

Did you tried clicking the Video or Category thumbnail from the gallery, those permissions are not public? You must get a warning message saying that you have not permission to view this video or category. Are you not getting this? Kindly get me your Site link and Joomla admin access to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. So, I can check this.
8 years 9 months ago #905

Replied by dacm on topic Video access option not working

Thx for your reply Administrator.
When I tried this on my own computer ('localhost') it worked as you said, showing the "you have not permission" warning. But, when I do the same thing on my online website, nop. No restrictions, guest users can access every category and videos.
I can't send my admin access but the URL of the website is: www.nu-comunidad.com

I attach here some snapshots of the backend configuration:

Last minute update: Now for some reason, it's not even showing the Menu item for the video gallery (named 'Nu-Canal') :blink:
8 years 9 months ago #906
Attachments:

Replied by Administrator on topic Video access option not working

Kindly make sure that the 'Membership' access level has not assigned with the 'Public' user group under 'Joomla User Manager'. In this case, It's is hard for us to get you the solution without checking your site configuration. Kindly mail me your admin access details to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. So, we can check this.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Administrator.
8 years 9 months ago #907

Replied by dacm on topic Video access option not working

Hi again,
That did the trick :D. It seems that when I was messing around with the User Groups and the Viewing Access Levels I changed some things. Doing what you suggested solved the problem. Now for some reason the item on the main menu to go to the video gallery is not showing on public but it should be another misconfiguration by my side (nothing to do with Yendif Player).

Anyway, thx for your help. This is a very very good and useful component (thinking to go with the PRO version but I don't have the 100 dollars right now XDD) Thx again.
8 years 9 months ago #908

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds

Business Address

PLUGINSWARE INTERACTIVE PVT LTD
Door No 2A, Venkateshwara Nagar,
1st Main Road, Velachery, Chennai,
Tamilnadu, India
Pincode: 600042
© 2013 - 2024 Pluginsware Interactive Private Limited. All Rights Reserved. The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted in the United States and other countries.

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.