Single category menu item displays all videos

Single category menu item displays all videos was created by steve30000

I'm not sure if this is a bug but it does not seem like intended behavior. I have a menu item for a single category. When I go to that menu item, the videos in that category display properly. However, if I add the word "video" after the single category URL (e.g. "training/webinars/video" instead of just "training/webinars"), all the videos from all the categories are displayed.

You can see it on my site at www.decisionpro.biz/business-users/training/webinars (the single category menu item)
and www.decisionpro.biz/business-users/training/webinars/video .

Many of my videos are only available to certain joomla group members and are displayed only on pages available to them. While the individual videos have the permissions set so the public cannot actually watch them, the user who finds the "/video" option sees the video names and screenshots from all these unavailable videos. The troubling part is that google has found this "/video" directory and has indexed all these videos that are intended for public consumption.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts on how to stop this. Thanks.
8 years 8 months ago #934

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Administrator on topic Single category menu item displays all videos

Kindly mail me your Joomla admin and Server FTP access details to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. So, we can check and fix this.
8 years 8 months ago #935

Replied by skillfulken on topic Single category menu item displays all videos

Yes, I have the same problem. If I set the name of the menu to be 'video', video can't be played.
7 years 5 months ago #1405

Replied by Administrator on topic Single category menu item displays all videos

@skillfulken,

I'm testing this in my local setup and I've no problem in playing the Video If I set the Menu name to "Video". Kindly get me your Joomla admin access details. So, I can check what is going wrong.
7 years 5 months ago #1406

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

Business Address

PLUGINSWARE INTERACTIVE PVT LTD
Door No 2A, Venkateshwara Nagar,
1st Main Road, Velachery, Chennai,
Tamilnadu, India
Pincode: 600042
© 2013 - 2024 Pluginsware Interactive Private Limited. All Rights Reserved. The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted in the United States and other countries.

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.