Unable ot play MP4 video

Unable ot play MP4 video was created by Spritchard

Hello,

I've just added an MP4 video that will not play. I receive the "unable to play media. Media format not supported" erro.

Here is the output of MediaInfo on the file itself.

Complete name : C:\Users\Steve\Videos\Class Recordings - Download\prac1/Prac1_Class1_Program_Intro_Part_1_Oct_15_2016.mp4

Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media
Codec ID : isom (isom/mp42/avc1)
File size : 44.3 MiB
Duration : 54mn 6s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 114 Kbps
Encoded date : UTC 2016-10-15 21:32:16
Tagged date : UTC 2016-10-15 21:32:16

When I re-encode it as H-264, the file remains the same. Meaning my converter identifies the above as an H264 file already.

Any help would be appreciated!
7 years 5 months ago #1412

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Administrator on topic Unable ot play MP4 video

We recommend using "Handbrake" to encode your Video. Kindly refer "Can hear the sound but no video, MP4 video doesn't work in mobiles" section in yendifplayer.com/joomla-video-share-troubleshooting-guide.html

Also, I doubt you're using wrong Video File Path,

1. Your Video file must be in a server. If you're developing in localhost, just copy it inside your Joomla folder. Right now, you must be having the file outside of your server setup.

2. Then, you must mention the "File URL" in the component and not the real path. So, the Video File URL should be as ,

http://locahost/your_joomla_folder/your_video_filename.mp4

Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Administrator.
7 years 5 months ago #1413

Replied by Spritchard on topic Unable ot play MP4 video

I've used Handbrake to encode in H264, H265, MPEG4, MP4, all in an MP4 Container. I've encoded the single channel AAC audio to 128K Stereo. I still get the same error.

The path I added below was from my local machine as I needed to have it local to run MediaInfo on it. The full path to the site video is:
public_html/images/fileuploads/class_recordings/prac1/Prac1_Class1_Program_Intro_Part_1_Oct_15_2016.mp4. all videos are inside the Joomla images folder.

Oddly I've tried another video component and it plays the original perfectly. I'm not sure what Yendif does not like about this encoding....very odd.

Administrator wrote: We recommend using "Handbrake" to encode your Video. Kindly refer "Can hear the sound but no video, MP4 video doesn't work in mobiles" section in yendifplayer.com/joomla-video-share-troubleshooting-guide.html

Also, I doubt you're using wrong Video File Path,

1. Your Video file must be in a server. If you're developing in localhost, just copy it inside your Joomla folder. Right now, you must be having the file outside of your server setup.

2. Then, you must mention the "File URL" in the component and not the real path. So, the Video File URL should be as ,

http://locahost/your_joomla_folder/your_video_filename.mp4

7 years 5 months ago #1418

Replied by Administrator on topic Unable ot play MP4 video

I don't think the issue was with the Video encoding and I doubt the Video File path.

Kindly replace your existing video URL with the following,

http://mysite.com/images/fileuploads/class_recordings/prac1/Prac1_Class1_Program_Intro_Part_1_Oct_15_2016.mp4

Note: "mysite.com" must be replaced with your web address.

If still the issue remains, then I will need to check this directly. Please upload your site files in a development server and get me the link. So, I can check what is going wrong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spritchard
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Administrator.
7 years 5 months ago #1419

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds

Business Address

PLUGINSWARE INTERACTIVE PVT LTD
Door No 2A, Venkateshwara Nagar,
1st Main Road, Velachery, Chennai,
Tamilnadu, India
Pincode: 600042
© 2013 - 2024 Pluginsware Interactive Private Limited. All Rights Reserved. The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted in the United States and other countries.

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.