Large category tree-structure re-use?

Large category tree-structure re-use? was created by tonvandervoort

Hi,

I am building a website with a large category tree. The levels are not actually a hierarchy, but given the # of movies, I need the users to select via these categories. I use the video category module for this. An example:

Top-level
- Type of instrument
--Composer

So now for each type of instrument, I need to add a separate catrgory for the composer? I would like to use the same composer categories for all instruments OR use another field that still offers the category module functionality?

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Ton
2 years 2 weeks ago #2608

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Administrator on topic Large category tree-structure re-use?

Sorry, to be honest I'm not 100% clear with your question.

From your example, do you mean that you are planning to add some child categories that is relevant to both the top level categories "Type of Instrument" or "Composer"? If yes, sorry that you cannot have child categories with multiple parents.

Alternatively, this should be made possible if there is a "Tags" feature. So, you can use a combination of categories and tags to filter the videos. This is already on our TODO lists. I promise that our next release would support tags. But, for now you must add the child categories separately for "Type of Instrument" and "Composer" :-(

Please correct me If I have misunderstood your question.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tonvandervoort
2 years 2 weeks ago #2609

Replied by tonvandervoort on topic Large category tree-structure re-use?

HI,

Yes indeed, linking one specific category of composer to multiple parents. The TAG's feature would for sure solve this, so would be great if a next release contains this option.

Thanks for your quick reply!

Ton
The following user(s) said Thank You: Administrator
2 years 2 weeks ago #2610

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Business Address

PLUGINSWARE INTERACTIVE PVT LTD
Door No 2A, Venkateshwara Nagar,
1st Main Road, Velachery, Chennai,
Tamilnadu, India
Pincode: 600042
© 2013 - 2024 Pluginsware Interactive Private Limited. All Rights Reserved. The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted in the United States and other countries.

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.