Configuring Yendifplayer in Wordpress

• spcline
  • Topic Author

Configuring Yendifplayer in Wordpress was created by spcline

I have installed Yendifplayer on my WordPress site. I have also created a new page dedicated to audio playback and have added the shortcode to that page. The player is configured for HTML5 and I have two audio files uploaded to a playlist. When I view my page I see nothing related to Yendifplayer or the playlist. Here is the code for the page in question:

\"Please click on the link below to listen to Shepherd\'s Gate sermon:

[yendifplayer type=audio playlist=3]\"

I\'m sure the problem is with me - I\'m not much when it comes to coding. Any ideas?

Thank You,

Stephen
10 years 3 months ago #14

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Administrator on topic Configuring Yendifplayer in Wordpress

I doubt your WordPress installation must use older JQuery version. Yendif Player require JQuery 1.7.1+ in order to work properly. Could you get me your Live Site URL ? So that, I can check this.
10 years 3 months ago #15

• spcline
  • Topic Author

Replied by spcline on topic Configuring Yendifplayer in Wordpress

Thanks for your quick reply....

My site URL is: www.joysoundav.com/Blog

The page that I am hoping to add the player to is: www.joysoundav.com/Blog/shepherds-gate-sermons/

I upgraded to the latest WordPress version tonight. I\'m not sure about the jQuery version.

I\'ll see if I can get the jQuery version information.

Stephen
10 years 3 months ago #16

Strange. You have valid JQuery version in your website. But, I\'m not sure why the player is not loading. Could you please mail me your WordPress admin details to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ? So, I can check this.
10 years 3 months ago #17

Thanks for sending the details. We have fixed the issue.

Solution :

Yendif Player WordPress Plugin listen to wp_footer action hook to add some javascript code(related to playlist) in your template at runtime. It seems your template doesnt include

<?php wp_footer();?>

in footer.php.
So, the particular action hook is not triggered and the script fails. I just added the hook in your template as the solution.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Administrator.
10 years 3 months ago #18

• spcline
  • Topic Author

Replied by spcline on topic Configuring Yendifplayer in Wordpress

Thank you so much! I would never had got there without your help. Looks like it\'s working just fine. Added some more files tonight and all is well.

Is there a way that I can order the files in the playlist after I upload them? I would like to have the most recent at the top of the playlist and the oldest at the bottom.

Thanks again - Stephen
10 years 3 months ago #19

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Business Address

PLUGINSWARE INTERACTIVE PVT LTD
Door No 2A, Venkateshwara Nagar,
1st Main Road, Velachery, Chennai,
Tamilnadu, India
Pincode: 600042
© 2013 - 2024 Pluginsware Interactive Private Limited. All Rights Reserved. The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted in the United States and other countries.

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.