Unable to play Media. Media format not supported.

Unable to play Media. Media format not supported. was created by idscomm

Hi there,

I updated our site with the new release of yendif video share for Joomla, I also update my Joomla installation as I thought this could have been the issue but I still get the error: Unable to play Media. Media format not supported for all our videos posted on our site! I generally use Microsoft Movie Maker to convert the videos onto a youtube format before uploading them. I never had issues but suddenly all my videos are showing this error.... Any idea or input on what the issue might be?

Thanks!
6 years 3 months ago #1814
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Administrator on topic Unable to play Media. Media format not supported.

Kindly get me your site link in where I can check this directly.
6 years 3 months ago #1815

Replied by idscomm on topic Unable to play Media. Media format not supported.

The address is www.2mounties.ca . Your account is ****** and password is ****** (web or passive ftp).

Thanks!
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Administrator.
6 years 3 months ago #1816

Replied by Administrator on topic Unable to play Media. Media format not supported.

Kindly try changing the "Engine" option to "HTML5" under Components => Yendif Video Share => Global Configuration
6 years 3 months ago #1817

Replied by idscomm on topic Unable to play Media. Media format not supported.

** UPDATE **

If it can help you narrowing the issue, I tried the same video with the same yendif configuration on another of my site and the video plays without issues... I am not sure what could be the issue with the other site... It's a pretty simple site, few modules/plugins....

Thanks!
6 years 3 months ago #1829

It shows, still you're using the FLASH engine. We always recommend keeping HTML5 as the playback engine. Anyhow, we don't have any clue why the same video works in one site and not other. May be a conflict. Kindly send us your Joomla! admin and FTP access details to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to check this.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Administrator.
6 years 3 months ago #1831

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

Business Address

PLUGINSWARE INTERACTIVE PVT LTD
Door No 2A, Venkateshwara Nagar,
1st Main Road, Velachery, Chennai,
Tamilnadu, India
Pincode: 600042
© 2013 - 2024 Pluginsware Interactive Private Limited. All Rights Reserved. The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted in the United States and other countries.

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.