Confusion with inherited ACL property

Confusion with inherited ACL property was created by steve30000

It is very confusing with the way that you have the ACL "inherited" property implemented and it took me a while to figure out what was actually happening. When I created the videos, I left the Access level to inherited thinking that it would automatically take whatever access level I set for the category. After creating the videos, I then went and changed the access level for the categories but none of the videos were updated. I then had to go back into each video and re-save it at which point the "inherited" access level then switched to my category access level. Now if I change my category access level again, I will have to go into each video again and manually change the access level since it is no longer set to inherited but to what my first category access level was (if that makes sense).

I think it would make more sense if when the video is set for "inherited" for an access level, it just pulls whatever access level the category is set for during the database query instead of actually saving an access level value in the yendifvideoshare_videos table as you do now.

Just a suggestion to make it a little easier to configure. Thanks.
9 years 8 months ago #457

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Administrator on topic Confusion with inherited ACL property

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have added this to our TODO list and we will have the fix for this in our 1.2.0 version.
9 years 8 months ago #459

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds

Business Address

PLUGINSWARE INTERACTIVE PVT LTD
Door No 2A, Venkateshwara Nagar,
1st Main Road, Velachery, Chennai,
Tamilnadu, India
Pincode: 600042
© 2013 - 2024 Pluginsware Interactive Private Limited. All Rights Reserved. The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted in the United States and other countries.

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.