Settings about categories and videos

Settings about categories and videos was created by Maupan

I installed Yendif Video Share (at the moment the free version) and I'm testing on my pilot site ( test.maupanphoto.com/ ), I found it an excellent program, so I wanted some clarifications if possible:
- both in Categories Menu (player setting/playback settings/autoplay=yes) and in Global Configuration (player settings/playback settings/autoplay=yes) I have selected the video autoplay, but then on the front end the video doesn't start if I don't push on the play, why?
- I have selected in Categories Menu/details/click to open=new window with navigation, but then on the front end it doesn't work (the video-player opens in the same window), why?
- I tried to change the order of the category list in Categories Menu/Gallery settings/order by=custom ordering, but then on the front end it doesn't work, always sorts me categories based on the latest, why? (with a few categories it's not a problem, just rename them, but I wanted to know if I'm wrong).
Thanks for your attention and best regards.
Mauro
3 years 11 months ago #2343

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Administrator on topic Settings about categories and videos

Both in Categories Menu (player setting/playback settings/autoplay=yes) and in Global Configuration (player settings/playback settings/autoplay=yes) I have selected the video autoplay, but then on the front end the video doesn't start if I don't push on the play, why?

Sorry, the "Autoplay" feature is not guaranteed to work 100% as the browsers imply several restrictions on this particular feature.

For example, Autoplay will not work in mobiles and this restriction comes from the Mobile OS itself. And, this feature worked well with Desktop browsers before. But, this is an OLD story and the desktop browsers have also changed their Autoplay behavior recently. Please check this article developers.google.com/web/updates/2017/0...oplay-policy-changes

In short, the video Autoplay (In Chrome & Safari) will work only when you open the video page by clicking a link inside your website. If you're using Firefox, make sure that you have not blocked it from the browser settings. More details can be found here blog.mozilla.org/firefox/block-autoplay/

I have selected in Categories Menu/details/click to open=new window with navigation, but then on the front end it doesn't work (the video-player opens in the same window), why?

Do you expect the player to open in a new window when clicking on a gallery item? Sorry, this option is applicable only to the Joomla! menu item and not to the galleries. But, I have taken a note of this now for our future development.

I tried to change the order of the category list in Categories Menu/Gallery settings/order by=custom ordering, but then on the front end it doesn't work, always sorts me categories based on the latest, why? (with a few categories it's not a problem, just rename them, but I wanted to know if I'm wrong).

This should sort the categories and videos based on the ordering (Position) you have set under "Components => Yendif Video Share => Categories/Videos" menu. This should work. Kindly double check. In case the issue remains, please email me your Joomla! admin access details here yendifplayer.com/support/contactus.html to further investigate the issue.
3 years 11 months ago #2344

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Business Address

PLUGINSWARE INTERACTIVE PVT LTD
Door No 2A, Venkateshwara Nagar,
1st Main Road, Velachery, Chennai,
Tamilnadu, India
Pincode: 600042
© 2013 - 2024 Pluginsware Interactive Private Limited. All Rights Reserved. The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted in the United States and other countries.

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.