Sort videos inside category

Sort videos inside category was created by mbohunovsky

When using the Categories Module, it sorts the categories nicely on initial page, However, when I then click on a category, it lists the videos in no particular order (maybe by date added?). Is there any way to sort them in the custom order that I have set up in the configuration under "Videos"? ...or failing that, sort them alphabetically?
4 years 3 weeks ago #2331

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Administrator on topic Sort videos inside category

1. Create a "Hidden Menu" that uses our "Videos Layout".
2. When creating the menu, select the "Gallery Settings (optional)" tab from the menu form and use the "Order By" option to configure the order in which you expect the videos to show in the front-end. You must select the "Custom Ordering" option to sort the videos based on the configuration you set under our component's "Videos" menu.
3. Copy the Menu ID.
4. Then, edit open your categories module back-end, locate the "Itemid" field, paste the menu id you have copied in the previous step.
5. Save the changes and check now.

Hope, this solved your issue!
4 years 3 weeks ago #2332

Replied by mbohunovsky on topic Sort videos inside category

Thank you for the quick reply.

Unfortunately i seem to lack some foundational knowledge here, as I get stuck at the first step:

By "hidden menu", do you mean a regular Joomla menu (Menus/Manage/Add New Menu)? These menus only allow for 3 fields (menu type, description, and client), so I don't know how to make it use the "Video Layout". There is nothing letting me specify a layout???

You probably mean something else?
4 years 3 weeks ago #2333

Replied by Administrator on topic Sort videos inside category

By "Hidden Menu", I mean adding a standard Joomla! menu item and hide it in the display. Kindly check this link www.joomshaper.com/blog/how-to-create-hi...menu-items-in-joomla for the step by step instructions.
4 years 3 weeks ago #2335

Replied by mbohunovsky on topic Sort videos inside category

Ahhh! A "Menu Item", not a "Menu". Thanks. That makes more sense.
4 years 3 weeks ago #2336

Time to create page: 0.265 seconds

Business Address

PLUGINSWARE INTERACTIVE PVT LTD
Door No 2A, Venkateshwara Nagar,
1st Main Road, Velachery, Chennai,
Tamilnadu, India
Pincode: 600042
© 2013 - 2024 Pluginsware Interactive Private Limited. All Rights Reserved. The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted in the United States and other countries.

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.