How to change links from Yendif Video Share - Videos module to menu

How to change links from Yendif Video Share - Videos module to menu was created by treiiderr

Hi !

I have done this: 1 category with video is published in a new menu with a link "new-menu" and the directory /new-menu/. All other categories are found by default in /video-galereya/ From the Yendif Video Share - Videos module, all videos are sent to the /video-galereya/ directory, but I have a /new-menu/ directory.

How to make sure that from the Yendif Video Share - Videos module, video materials of the 1st category would be led to the /new-menu/ directory, not as now by default through the /video-galereya/ directory? That is, duplicate pages are obtained, to which google has already reacted.
2 years 8 months ago #2538

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Administrator on topic How to change links from Yendif Video Share - Videos module to menu

I understand that for the 1st category, you want the videos to link to the /new-menu/ item and for other categories, they should link to the /video-galereya/ menu item. Am I correct? Sorry, this is not possible using our current version. Please share with us your site FTP access details here yendifplayer.com/support/contactus.html

So, we can check your menu settings and add a fix accordingly in your current installation itself.
2 years 8 months ago #2539

Replied by treiiderr on topic How to change links from Yendif Video Share - Videos module to menu

Thanks to Admin for the suggestion, but I'm going to put in a third category or a third menu as well. Now the module is configured only for the default section / video-galereya /, (removed the new menu from the module).
Therefore, it is advisable to know how to fix the module for a new menu. I have little skills in this, the main thing here is to know the path and the code, in the place where to insert it.
All this is needed for google indexing, see the screenshot of what is happening.
2 years 8 months ago #2540
Attachments:

Replied by Administrator on topic How to change links from Yendif Video Share - Videos module to menu

I understand you are comfortable working with PHP and HTML. Then, kindly follow the solution below,

1. Edit open {JOOMLA_ROOT}/modules/mod_yendifvideoshare_videos/tmpl/default.php

2. Find the line,
$target_url = YendifVideoShareUtils::buildRoute( $item, 'video', $itemId );

3. Replace it as follows and extend with different catids,
switch ( $item->catid ) {
    case 1: $__itemId = YOUR_CATEGORY_1_MENU_ID; break;
    case 2: $__itemId = YOUR_CATEGORY_2_MENU_ID; break;
    default: $__itemId = $itemId;
}
$target_url = YendifVideoShareUtils::buildRoute( $item, 'video', $__itemId );

4. Save the changes and check now.

Hope this solved your issue!
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Administrator.
2 years 8 months ago #2541

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Business Address

PLUGINSWARE INTERACTIVE PVT LTD
Door No 2A, Venkateshwara Nagar,
1st Main Road, Velachery, Chennai,
Tamilnadu, India
Pincode: 600042
© 2013 - 2024 Pluginsware Interactive Private Limited. All Rights Reserved. The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted in the United States and other countries.

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.