Problem: Only Displaying One Video Per Page

Problem: Only Displaying One Video Per Page was created by AndyTheAstronomer

Hello,

I've hit a sudden problem with version 1.2.9. All was working perfectly, but suddenly all video galleries are only displaying one video per page, with page selectors underneath. In Global Configuration, the number of columns per page is set to 4. I have not changed anything, either in Yendif or Joomla (3.10.10), so I don't know why this has suddenly happened.

As my site is running on a local server, I am unable to give you the URL. I have no plans to upgrade to the latest version of Yendif at the moment.

Can you suggest anything I can check?

I am attaching a screenshot so you can see what the problem is. As you can see, there should be multiple columns (currently set to 4, but changing it makes no difference).

The categories layout works fine.

Your help in fixing this would be much appreciated!

Many thanks

Andy.
1 year 10 months ago #2628
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Administrator on topic Problem: Only Displaying One Video Per Page

1. Kindly edit open the menu item that belongs to the screenshot from the Joomla! back-end.
2. Select the "Gallery Settings" tab.
3. Make sure that the "Number of Columns" field is empty.
4. Save the changes and check now.

Hope this solved your issue!
1 year 10 months ago #2629

Replied by AndyTheAstronomer on topic Problem: Only Displaying One Video Per Page

Thanks so much for your quick reply.

Unfortunately, this did not solve the problem. I should perhaps have pointed out that this problem is occurring with *all* my video galleries.

If there is a php file which creates the layout, and which might have become corrupted for example, I can restore that file from a backup if you tell me which one it is.

I am very grateful for your help

Thanks!

Andy.
1 year 10 months ago #2630

Sorry, still I doubt this is a misconfiguration issue because we don't get such issues in our development environment here.

Kindly try re-installing the 1.2.9 version of our component again (without uninstalling the existing installation). Hope this solved your issue!

In case the issue remains, kindly copy your site files to a web server and share your site admin credentials here yendifplayer.com/support/contactus.html to further investigate the issue.
1 year 10 months ago #2634

Replied by AndyTheAstronomer on topic Problem: Only Displaying One Video Per Page

Many thanks for your reply. Unfortunately installing 1.2.9 again didn't work.

However, I have done so more digging, and it occurred to me that the error might lie with the _videos table itself, because when Yendif goes to build the gallery page it seems to be only returning one of the requested records from the table. That would explain why installing 1.2.9 again does not work.

Sure enough, there is a problem with the published_up field, which is generating an SQL error message (1067) saying that there is an invalid default value for that field. This occurs if you try and perform any operations on the table (like making a copy of it, for example). The default timestamp value looks OK, but even if you change the default to a function like current_timestamp() or "No default" or even NULL (allowing nulls in the field, of course) the error is still thrown. I have tried modifying the field via SQL with an ALTER_TABLE statement, to set the default value, but upon execution of the SQL I get the same error. In short, whatever I enter as the default value for published_up is rejected and I am told it's an invalid value. I am fairly sure this is what is preventing Yendif from retrieving a full set of records from the table, hence why only one video is showing per page. When you move to the next page, it again reads just one record before encountering the error. That's my deduction anyway!

Having done a bit of reading, it seems I am not the only person to have experienced this error with a MySQL timestamp field, but none of the suggested fixes - which all involve modifying the SQL_mode statement in my.ini, which I don't have in the file - seem to apply. I have not changed the SQL tables in any way before receiving this error.

Do you have any thoughts that might help resolve this?

Many thanks for your help - I am very grateful.

Andy.
1 year 9 months ago #2636

Unfortunately, still we didn't get the issue here. Kindly try the solution suggested here ostraining.com/blog/joomla-cms/using-dat...pdate-in-joomla-3-x/

If still the issue remains, kindly let me know the PHP and MySql database version you use. If possible, kindly dump the videos table and send it to us here yendifplayer.com/support/contactus.html

So, we can try to get a clue on the issue.
1 year 9 months ago #2637

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds

Business Address

PLUGINSWARE INTERACTIVE PVT LTD
Door No 2A, Venkateshwara Nagar,
1st Main Road, Velachery, Chennai,
Tamilnadu, India
Pincode: 600042
© 2013 - 2024 Pluginsware Interactive Private Limited. All Rights Reserved. The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted in the United States and other countries.

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.