Internet Explorer Crashing

Internet Explorer Crashing was created by JAGS

I add a video to my website and it runs fine in Chrome and Firefox but in Internet Explorer it crashes the page. It does not matter if I set the player to flash or HTML5 I get the same result. I have gone to other websites with explorer and the videos on them run just fine. The video is built with codec 264 and created in MP4 format. I have Internet Explorer 11 Any suggestions?

Thanks!
9 years 9 months ago #355

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Administrator on topic Internet Explorer Crashing

Strange. Kindly share me your live site in where I can check the issue directly.
9 years 9 months ago #356

Replied by JAGS on topic Internet Explorer Crashing

jagsmobilemarketing (dot) c o m
9 years 9 months ago #357

Replied by Administrator on topic Internet Explorer Crashing

I have found the problem. IE was seeing the video as plain/text and not video/m4v so it was not able to play. Chrome and Firefox read the file correctly.

In order for your server to associate the correct MIME types with the application, you will need to include the MIME types into your htaccess file.

Here is an example of several MIME types that you can include within your .htaccess file:

#Video MIME Types:
AddType video/m4v .m4v
AddType video/ogg .ogv
AddType video/mp4 .mp4
AddType video/webm .webm
9 years 9 months ago #358

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Business Address

PLUGINSWARE INTERACTIVE PVT LTD
Door No 2A, Venkateshwara Nagar,
1st Main Road, Velachery, Chennai,
Tamilnadu, India
Pincode: 600042
© 2013 - 2024 Pluginsware Interactive Private Limited. All Rights Reserved. The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted in the United States and other countries.

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.