Anyway to protect/encode the videos in source code

Anyway to protect/encode the videos in source code was created by web123

It is now to easy to rip the videos.... we have also "paid" videos/.//..... i know there is no 100% protection but... now it is just search in source code for ".mp4" copy and paste the link.... BLAM... download in progress.... the link can even be shared with others who are not member or logged in......

thanks.
9 years 2 months ago #734

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Administrator on topic Anyway to protect/encode the videos in source code

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We use HTML5 video element to play your videos and so the viewers can see the video source. But, we are planning to add some security protections in future(Next version 1.2.2). So, the viewers cannot download the file.

As an immediate solution, you can try applying "Hot-link protection" using .htaccess and protect your videos from being downloaded. So, the viewers can still see your Video URLs. But, they can't download it. Are you a PRO user ? If yes, kindly mail me your Joomla admin and Server FTP access to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. So, I can do this on my own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: web123
9 years 2 months ago #735

Replied by web123 on topic Anyway to protect/encode the videos in source code

Thanks i will try the .htaccess solution... If i am PRO?.... i have paid for this extension, so yes i think i am a PRO ;-) I can do this by my own, thanks for the support.
9 years 2 months ago #736

Replied by web123 on topic Anyway to protect/encode the videos in source code

What i used is this:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http(s)?://(www\.)?MYDOMAIN.COM [NC]
RewriteRule \.(mp4)$ - [NC,F,L]

Seems to be working great :-) if you see a problem with my code, please tell me.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Administrator.
9 years 2 months ago #737

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Business Address

PLUGINSWARE INTERACTIVE PVT LTD
Door No 2A, Venkateshwara Nagar,
1st Main Road, Velachery, Chennai,
Tamilnadu, India
Pincode: 600042
© 2013 - 2024 Pluginsware Interactive Private Limited. All Rights Reserved. The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted in the United States and other countries.

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.