Does the new HD feature require server components?

Does the new HD feature require server components? was created by kittmaster

I'm thinking buying the newest version which has an HD switcher, does it require any online libraries to convert videos from one resolution to HD?

I don't see anything in the online docs that talks about how to setup the video for regular vs hd rendering.

How hard is it to put a video up? Do I do all the conversion locally or upload both?

Thanks for any info.
7 years 5 months ago #1424

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Administrator on topic Does the new HD feature require server components?

At present, you will need to do the conversion locally and upload both the videos. But, we have plan to add support for FFMPEG very soon. So, you can just upload one video and our FFMPEG integration will do the rest. But, this requires some time. Kindly be patience.
7 years 5 months ago #1425

Replied by kittmaster on topic Does the new HD feature require server components?

So I would have to have two files with unique file names? I assume there are two fields in the Admin to do this part?

FFMPEG is what I was thinking I just couldn't recall it when I wrote the thread.

Thank you.
7 years 5 months ago #1426

Replied by Administrator on topic Does the new HD feature require server components?

So I would have to have two files with unique file names? I assume there are two fields in the Admin to do this part?

Yes, you're correct :)
7 years 5 months ago #1427

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds

Business Address

PLUGINSWARE INTERACTIVE PVT LTD
Door No 2A, Venkateshwara Nagar,
1st Main Road, Velachery, Chennai,
Tamilnadu, India
Pincode: 600042
© 2013 - 2024 Pluginsware Interactive Private Limited. All Rights Reserved. The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted in the United States and other countries.

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.