iPhone Problem -- HTML5 Problem Too...

• Sahara
  • Topic Author

iPhone Problem -- HTML5 Problem Too... was created by Sahara

Seems the only way to stop the audio from playing on an iPhone is to stop the audio in the audio player. It should stop when I go to e-mail or when I go to any other function, or when I click the phone off switch... right? Even with the phone turned off, the audio keeps playing.

I am set to use Flash, not HTML5. HTML5 loads audio files erratically. I use multiple players playing simultaneously, to create an audio mix of multiple tracks. Flash seems to work perfectly, so far, on the desktop.

Do I have some setting set wrong, either on the iPhone or in the player?
9 years 7 months ago #472

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Administrator on topic iPhone Problem -- HTML5 Problem Too...

Audio keeps playing even when phone switched off ? Totally strange.

In IPhone, the audio is not played through the Yendif Player and it's played by the browser's player itself. Kindly get me your live site link in where I can check this.
9 years 7 months ago #473

• Sahara
  • Topic Author

Replied by Sahara on topic iPhone Problem -- HTML5 Problem Too...

Wow, that was a fast response. Thank you.

You can see my test site below. Note that the audio files are just junk I placed there to test the player.

Your player was the only one I could find that would allow me to play multiple instances. I am using it because I want to allow my readers to create their own audio mixes by selecting files from different playlists.

twang.info/audio/
9 years 7 months ago #474

• Sahara
  • Topic Author

Replied by Sahara on topic iPhone Problem -- HTML5 Problem Too...

I responded earlier to you, but it's not showing in the forum so I am re-posting.

Thanks for your fast response! Yes, it is a strange problem -- iPhone audio will not turn off even after I turn off the phone.

You can see my site below. Note that all text and audios are just placeholders -- the site is in development.

twang.info/audio/

Note also that when I try to play multiple files simultaneously, with HTML5, sometimes it will not load a file. Flash does not have this problem. My site is currently set to use Flash.

Thanks for your help!
9 years 7 months ago #475

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Business Address

PLUGINSWARE INTERACTIVE PVT LTD
Door No 2A, Venkateshwara Nagar,
1st Main Road, Velachery, Chennai,
Tamilnadu, India
Pincode: 600042
© 2013 - 2024 Pluginsware Interactive Private Limited. All Rights Reserved. The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted in the United States and other countries.

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.