unable to play media... after Yendiff update

• cyberman45
  • Topic Author

unable to play media... after Yendiff update was created by cyberman45

I have the latest version of Yendifplayer working in a one page "local host" Wordpress site... since it's not a live site I cannot provide links to the site.
I have two Yendifplayers on this page... one has four mp3 files... and the second has three. I uploaded the mp3's months ago... and everything is working fine... all of the mp3's are labeled correctly and all play as they should.

Here's the problem. Out of the blue this evening... I noticed this error message just above each player..."Unable to play media... media format not supported." As I said... everything loads and plays as it should... nothing seems to be wrong... so I don't understand why this error message is displayed. by the way... the text is very faint... almost to the point of being unreadable.

Am I missing some reason that it's popped up... if not... how do I get rid of it.

I've attached a screen grab of my two players with the error message above them... as I mentioned... the message is quite faint so look closely please.

Many thanks
8 years 5 months ago #1084

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Administrator on topic unable to play media... after Yendiff update

"Unable to play media. media format not supported." is displayed only when the player is not able to play the given media file. Can you please double check if the MP3's exist or if the file permissions are changed? Did you installed any security related plugin recently? This could be the problem. It's hard to get you the solution without seeing the issue. So, can you please upload your files in a webserver and get the link? So, we can check this.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Administrator.
8 years 5 months ago #1085

• cyberman45
  • Topic Author

Replied by cyberman45 on topic unable to play media... after Yendiff update

Hi there Admin...
Thanks for your reply... I've attached a jpeg of what the error message looks like on screen. (sorry I used a bmp the first time :-( and it didn't go through) Prior to this cropping up I had been making some "padding" adjustments to my one-page Wordpress site (localhost) and that's when I first noticed it. Since then I deleted all the media and playlists for the two Yendifplayers and rebuilt them from scratch. Once again... they appear normal and all of the mp3's involved are in the correct order and play as they should... but the faint error message is still there above each player."

I am wondering if the "unable to play media message" lives on a layer behind the players and under normal circumstances only becomes visible when there is a conflict with media format. I'll try some more padding experiments and see whether I can get rid of it. In the meantime if you have any further thoughts on this I'd appreciate hearing them.

Thanks again
8 years 5 months ago #1095
Attachments:

Replied by Administrator on topic unable to play media... after Yendiff update

It's hard to get you the solution without seeing the issue. So, can you please upload your files in a webserver and get the link? So, we can check this.
8 years 5 months ago #1097

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Business Address

PLUGINSWARE INTERACTIVE PVT LTD
Door No 2A, Venkateshwara Nagar,
1st Main Road, Velachery, Chennai,
Tamilnadu, India
Pincode: 600042
© 2013 - 2024 Pluginsware Interactive Private Limited. All Rights Reserved. The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted in the United States and other countries.

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.