Content Hotlink Protection

Content Hotlink Protection was created by tonvandervoort

Hi,
I use the Yendif video player using a categories tree. The video access is arranged via user groups/category access.

This works fine, but users can still perform actions such as 'right-click' and inspect the page. This enables the ability to see the direct link to the video and share this link with others (nog registered as a user).

So I would like to have a hotlink protection. I already implemented this with coding in the .htaccess file and with a separate content security (System - Content Protection from extensioncoder). Both work fine in the views with the catalogue (f.e., right click cannot be used), but in the video player itself, you can still right click and find the direct link to the respective video enabling users to share a direct video link.
Is there an option to ensure that this is not possible? Apparently the settings related to hotlink protection work on all pages except the video player.
Thanks in advance for your answer.
1 year 1 month ago #2783

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Administrator on topic Content Hotlink Protection

I have no idea why the right-click restriction from the other "Content Protection" plugin is not working for our player. Technically, our player is an iframe. So, their implementation may not support iframes. But the good news is our PREMIUM version already replaces the standard right-click menu with a custom context menu that only shows your site name. In other words, the premium version will only show you the site name when right-clicking on the player.

Hope this solves your issue!

If you are already using our premium version, kindly get me an example page URL on your website where we can check this issue directly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tonvandervoort
1 year 1 month ago #2784

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Business Address

PLUGINSWARE INTERACTIVE PVT LTD
Door No 2A, Venkateshwara Nagar,
1st Main Road, Velachery, Chennai,
Tamilnadu, India
Pincode: 600042
© 2013 - 2024 Pluginsware Interactive Private Limited. All Rights Reserved. The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted in the United States and other countries.

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.