Why not keep buffer/download video when paused?

Why not keep buffer/download video when paused? was created by baijianpeng

This is a feature request.

Today I made a simple test with Yendif Video Share component v1.2.1 on Joomla 3.3.6 .

Well, I did not change anything, just the default sample data of this component. It brings a Youtube video.

When playing this video at frontend, I clicked on the player and it paused. This is good. But, when paused, the player will NOT keep buffering / dowloading that video. I think this is not good.

If the player can automatically buffer/download video when paused, this will make the playback more smooth especially for narrow web connections.

Thank you.
9 years 2 months ago #719

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Administrator on topic Why not keep buffer/download video when paused?

No. You've misunderstood. The VIDEO is still buffered / downloaded when you have paused the playback. You just don't see the update in buffer bar as we stop all the related timer functions to maintain the performance.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Administrator.
9 years 2 months ago #724

Replied by baijianpeng on topic Why not keep buffer/download video when paused?

I think you can let the progress bar keep going to indicate that the video is buffering. For the "current time", it can be indicated by a small icon on the progress bar (like the circle icon of Youtube). This will avoid some confusion like mine.

Thank you.
9 years 2 months ago #727

Replied by Administrator on topic Why not keep buffer/download video when paused?

Sure. I have added this to our SUGGESTIONS list :)
9 years 2 months ago #728

Replied by baijianpeng on topic Why not keep buffer/download video when paused?

Glad to hear that :-)
9 years 2 months ago #730

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Business Address

PLUGINSWARE INTERACTIVE PVT LTD
Door No 2A, Venkateshwara Nagar,
1st Main Road, Velachery, Chennai,
Tamilnadu, India
Pincode: 600042
© 2013 - 2024 Pluginsware Interactive Private Limited. All Rights Reserved. The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted in the United States and other countries.

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.