video from Youku.com can't be played in pop-up

video from Youku.com can't be played in pop-up was created by baijianpeng

Today when testing with Yendif Video Share v1.2.2 on Joomla 3.4.1, I found a new issue:

I added a new video by "third-party" method, this video was added from www.youku.com . It can be played well if I did not enable "play in pop-up" option. But if I enable the pop-up playing option, it will NOT be played. Though I did not change the video code during this switch.

Could you please check it and fix this issue?

If you need some video from youku.com for testing, here is an example:
<embed src="http://player.youku.com/player.php/sid/XMTI3ODgxMzAzNg==/v.swf" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" width="480" height="400" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed>
8 years 9 months ago #928

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Administrator on topic video from Youku.com can't be played in pop-up

Must be a CSS conflict with your Joomla template. Kindly get me your Joomla admin access details to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. So, we can check & apply the fix for this.
8 years 9 months ago #929

Replied by baijianpeng on topic video from Youku.com can't be played in pop-up

I did the test on my XAMPP localhost server, there installed a lot of Joomla extensions, I can not say which one had conflicted with Yendif Video Share.

So I did a new test: I cleaned up the localhost Joomla, installed a new clean Joomla 3.4.3, witout any other extension, then I installed Yendif Video Share v1.2.2, then I added two videos: one uploaded from my computer, one from youku.com with embedding code.

The test shows that: if palying inline (inside the webpage) , both work well. If playing in pop-up method, both can NOT work. Only a blank pop-up window shows up, no video played in it.

The template in this test is the default Protostar template of Joomla 3 core, without any modification.

Since you can not access my testing server directly, Could you please re-produce this test on your side?

Thank you.
8 years 9 months ago #931

Replied by Administrator on topic video from Youku.com can't be played in pop-up

Thanks. I am able to recreate the issue in my end. Kindly try the following solution,

1. Edit "width" and "height" properties in your YOUKU embed code to "100%".

2. Open /media/yendifvideoshare/assets/site/css/yendifvideoshare.css

3. Add the following CSS code to the bottom of the file.

.yendifEmbedPlayerPopup object,
.yendifEmbedPlayerPopup embed {
position: absolute !important;
top:0 !important;
left:0 !important;
}

4. Save the changes. Clear your browser cache and try again.

Hope, this solved your issue!
8 years 9 months ago #932

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds

Business Address

PLUGINSWARE INTERACTIVE PVT LTD
Door No 2A, Venkateshwara Nagar,
1st Main Road, Velachery, Chennai,
Tamilnadu, India
Pincode: 600042
© 2013 - 2024 Pluginsware Interactive Private Limited. All Rights Reserved. The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted in the United States and other countries.

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.