Can't set width or height of player! WHY?!

Can't set width or height of player! WHY?! was created by rustyDusty

This is the line of code I have in an article
{yendifplayer videoid=2 width=480 height=260}

The video plays just fine but the thing is too darn big! It dominates the article, the webpage. I don't want the screen to be the entire width of the article or the webpage I want it to be smaller like a picture that can be full-screened.

What do I need to do to better control the size of the player and is there some way I can set all players to a standard 720X480?
8 years 1 month ago #1226

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Administrator on topic Can't set width or height of player! WHY?!

When you have "Responsive" enabled under "Components => Yendif Video Share => Global Configuration", the player will always scale 100% to fit it's parent element and it doesn't take care of any custom width and height values you've configured.

In such case, the solution will be to wrap your plugin shortcode using a "<div>" container and giving it your "width" and "height" values.

Example: <div style="width: 480px; height: 260px;">{yendifplayer videoid=2}</div>
8 years 1 month ago #1228

Replied by rustyDusty on topic Can't set width or height of player! WHY?!

Thank you. I will try that and get back to you.
8 years 1 month ago #1229

Replied by rustyDusty on topic Can't set width or height of player! WHY?!

The height and width variables were working but unfortunately I had site cache on and it delayed the changes by 20 minutes. Once I turned that off the variables displayed with no trouble.
Thank you.
8 years 3 weeks ago #1232

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Business Address

PLUGINSWARE INTERACTIVE PVT LTD
Door No 2A, Venkateshwara Nagar,
1st Main Road, Velachery, Chennai,
Tamilnadu, India
Pincode: 600042
© 2013 - 2024 Pluginsware Interactive Private Limited. All Rights Reserved. The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted in the United States and other countries.

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.