CSS Background for Navigation Buttons

CSS Background for Navigation Buttons was created by AndyTheAstronomer

Hello!

Firstly, may I express my appreciation for a fantastic video gallery/player! I think I've gone through all of the them in the JED and yours is by far and away the best! I am really enjoying working with it in Joomla 3.

Now, I have a slight problem: in the video gallery, the navigation buttons (first/previous/next/end) are blank, because their background is white in my template. How do I change the buttons' background colour? I am having trouble finding the relevant CSS. Please could you tell me which CSS file to change, and where?

Secondly, how can I change the number of columns and rows in the gallery? I have changed the numbers under Configuration but no matter what I do the gallery is stubbornly insisting on being always displayed with 4 columns by 2 rows.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Andy.
7 years 1 month ago #1537

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Administrator on topic CSS Background for Navigation Buttons

Regarding Navigation CSS,

"Yendif Video Share" uses Bootstrap for it's layouts. Actually, it must be using the Bootstrap CSS that comes with your theme if you have not enabled "Bootstrap Options" under the component's "Global Configuration" menu. You can just add your Custom CSS under "Components => Yendif Video Share => Global Configuration => Custom CSS"

Regarding Columns & Rows,

Kindly make sure that you have not overridden the gallery settings in the menu params. If possible, kindly send us your Joomla admin access details to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. So, we can check this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AndyTheAstronomer
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Administrator.
7 years 1 month ago #1538

Replied by AndyTheAstronomer on topic CSS Background for Navigation Buttons

Hello!

Many thanks for your reply - much appreciated.

As regards the CSS for the buttons, I shall investigate your suggestion. It's frustrating because when I right-click on any of the buttons my browser and choose "Inspect", I can see the relevant CSS in the inspector and change the background colour of the buttons ...but I cannot figure out how to preserve that change. I'm not really an expert in CSS but I can make changes.

With regards to the number of rows and columns in the browser, I am afraid I cannot give you access because I am running the website locally. I cannot immediately see any problems with how I have configured Yendif......please could you give me some pointers towards what to check and things to look out for?

I am very grateful for your help!

Kind regards

Andy.
7 years 1 month ago #1541

Replied by Administrator on topic CSS Background for Navigation Buttons

Actually, we don't get any issue with the "Rows & Columns" settings in our test site here. So, I believe you must have configured something wrong or there must be a CSS conflict with your theme itself. It's hard to get you the solution without seeing the page with your issues directly. So, please upload your site files in a web server and get back to us with the working link. So, we can look into this and get you the solution for both your issues.
7 years 1 month ago #1544

Will do. Thank you so much!
7 years 1 month ago #1547

Hi there!

Just to let you know I have solved both issues myself. The background color for the buttons was actually a hard-to-find template option, which was set to white. The rows and columns were being caused by the settings in the menu item itself, rather than the component config. With Joomla, I always forget that the menu item can contain settings which take precedence over component settings!

Many thanks for your help.

Andy.
7 years 1 month ago #1568

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Business Address

PLUGINSWARE INTERACTIVE PVT LTD
Door No 2A, Venkateshwara Nagar,
1st Main Road, Velachery, Chennai,
Tamilnadu, India
Pincode: 600042
© 2013 - 2024 Pluginsware Interactive Private Limited. All Rights Reserved. The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted in the United States and other countries.

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.