Shortcode parameters not taking effect?

Shortcode parameters not taking effect? was created by gavp

Hi there,

I've just started playing around with this on Joomla 3.10.4 and have the following shortcode in a Joomla article.

{yendifplayer orderby=ordering catid=2}

The order of the videos listed in the player however are not ordered as per the orderby parameter. I have also tried changing the parameter to other values, but no change in the ordering.

Upon further testing, changing the catid doesnt seem to work either. The videos listed in the player are from all 3 categories I have. Changing the value of catid has no effect.

I suspect I am doing something wrong in my shortcode. Is anyone able to give me some tips?

Thanks.
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by gavp. Reason: Fixed typo in shortcode!
2 years 4 months ago #2563

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Administrator on topic Shortcode parameters not taking effect?

Aah. This is a BUG :-(

Solution:

1. Edit open the following file,
{JOOMLA_ROOT}/plugins/content/yendifvideoshare/yendifvideoshare.php
2. Find the line (#72) below,
return $renderer->render( JModuleHelper::getModule( 'mod_yendifvideoshare_playlist' ), $params );
3. Change it as,
return $renderer->render( JModuleHelper::getModule( 'mod_yendifvideoshare_playlist' ), array( 'params' => json_encode( $params ) ) );
4. Save the changes and check now.

Hope this solved your issue!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gavp
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Administrator.
2 years 4 months ago #2564

Replied by gavp on topic Shortcode parameters not taking effect?

Thank you very much for your quick reply and fix! After making that change, it is now working perfectly! I will continue my testing. Thanks again.
2 years 4 months ago #2565

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds

Business Address

PLUGINSWARE INTERACTIVE PVT LTD
Door No 2A, Venkateshwara Nagar,
1st Main Road, Velachery, Chennai,
Tamilnadu, India
Pincode: 600042
© 2013 - 2024 Pluginsware Interactive Private Limited. All Rights Reserved. The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted in the United States and other countries.

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.