Cannot Create Playlist from Shortcode /Gallery from Playlist

Cannot Create Playlist from Shortcode /Gallery from Playlist was created by AndyTheAstronomer

Hi,
According to your documentation, the shortcode syntax...

{yendifplayer catid=X}

...should create a playlist from a category ID.

It doesn't. It creates a playlist and retrieves the videos from the selected category, but then it retrieves *ever other video from every other category* after it in the playlist.

Also, according to this webpage: yendifplayer.com/using-shortcodes.html

.....it is possible to create a video gallery from a playlist ID:

[yendifgallery playlist=X]

This similarly does not work - and I am not sure why the shortcode is shown in square brackets ([ ]). None of the "yendifgallery" shortcodes listed on this page seem to work, even when placed in curly brackets ( { }) which one assumes they should be.

Please could you assist me with the correct syntax for creating either a playlist from ONE category or a gallery from a playlist ID. I'm just getting nowhere, no matter what I try.

Many thanks

Andy
3 years 10 months ago #2350

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Administrator on topic Cannot Create Playlist from Shortcode /Gallery from Playlist

yendifplayer.com/using-shortcodes.html belongs to our WordPress plugin. So, you must check yendifplayer.com/joomla-video-share-player-plugin.html

Also, I confirm the {yendifplayer catid=x} shortcode works fine for me here.

I guess you should have copied the shortcode from our documentation page and added it directly in your text editor. Some Joomla! editors apply hidden styles to the plugin shortcodes and this stops the shortcode from working. So, instead of copy & pasting the above shortcode, please write it manually in your text editor.

Hoep this solved your issue!
3 years 10 months ago #2351

Replied by AndyTheAstronomer on topic Cannot Create Playlist from Shortcode /Gallery from Playlist

Many thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

OK, so I have typed the following shortcode:

{yendifplayer catID=292}

That does indeed create a playlist for catID 292. But after the videos in that category, the playlist displays all videos from all other categories too. I have attached a screenshot of this. The first seven videos in the playlist are cat 292: the remaining ones are not. They are all videos from all categories.

Any further help with this would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!

Andy.

3 years 10 months ago #2356
Attachments:

Replied by Administrator on topic Cannot Create Playlist from Shortcode /Gallery from Playlist

The shortcode attribute for categories is "catid" and not "catID".

Kindly try using {yendifplayer catid=292}

In case the issue remains, email us your Joomla! admin acces details here yendifplayer.com/support/contactus.html to add you a DEMO.
3 years 10 months ago #2357

Replied by AndyTheAstronomer on topic Cannot Create Playlist from Shortcode /Gallery from Playlist

Hi,
Thanks so much for your reply. Unfortunately, changing "CatID" to "catid" had no effect. The problem persists.

Unfortunately I cannot give you my Joomla access details because the website is running on a local server under Xampp.

Is there anything else I can try?

If the worst comes to the worst I can create the page as a gallery rather than a playlist, but I would like it to be a playlist if at all possible.

Thanks!

Andy.
3 years 10 months ago #2358

To be honest, I have no idea why the shortcode doesn't work for you while the same works fine for us here.

Sometimes, your editor will add some unwanted CSS styles inside the plugin shortcode and this will create issues. So, just copy your shortcode to a notepad and copy the shortcode again from there (notepad) to your editor. So, the unwanted hidden CSS styles are cleaned. Let me know if this solved your issue.
3 years 10 months ago #2359

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Business Address

PLUGINSWARE INTERACTIVE PVT LTD
Door No 2A, Venkateshwara Nagar,
1st Main Road, Velachery, Chennai,
Tamilnadu, India
Pincode: 600042
© 2013 - 2024 Pluginsware Interactive Private Limited. All Rights Reserved. The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted in the United States and other countries.

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.