How to edit category layout?

How to edit category layout? was created by Chrtkova

I have a latest version of Joomla. Today I upgraded Yendif Player free version from version 1.1.0 to version 1.2.5

Now I can not edit each SUBcategories and their characteristic. In last version it was possible. Now I am hopeless.

Now I have chaos in web design in SUBcategories of my videogalery. :woohoo:

I would like to buy a PRO VERSION, but I afraid that it will not help me with my problem.

Do you have any solution or advice?

Link of my web www.priznakytransformace.cz/index.php/du...o-vestby-na-rok-2017
The following user(s) said Thank You: SetkanaoknoBaife
7 years 3 months ago #1466

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Administrator on topic How to edit category layout?

Regarding the issue in editing "SubCategories",

Strange. Our latest version have nothing to affect this. I have double checked this in my local setup and I'm not getting the issue here. Kindly email us your Joomla admin access details to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. So, we can check what is going wrong.

Regarding the front-end design,

Kindly try changing the Bootstrap version to "2.x" under "Components => Yendif Video Share => Global Configuration => Frontend Layout Settings"
7 years 3 months ago #1467

Replied by Chrtkova on topic Bootsrap I changed... no effect.

In old version 1.1.0 was possible to change design for each category.
In new version is not.
But I afraid that files with information about subcategory design are somewhere in system and making that chaos.
Because for example in this categories layout has still small thumbnails: www.priznakytransformace.cz/index.php/du...oskopy-studia-stella
but in subcategory are this ugly big www.priznakytransformace.cz/index.php/du...n-2017-studio-stella

If you can tell me in which file is written the category design I shall change it.

I will buy a license for PRO version during next week, because I need my own logo and other things. But I must resolve before that problem.

Thanks a lot for your help. :) :)
7 years 3 months ago #1468

Replied by Administrator on topic Bootsrap I changed... no effect.

In old version 1.1.0 was possible to change design for each category.

Sorry, we don't have any option to change design for each category from beginning. So, I'm not sure which design you speak about. I doubt you had separate menu layouts for each category and used different Joomla templates for each menu items. But, this is a core Joomla feature and I'm not sure whether you speak about the same. So, Kindly get me some screenshots to understand better.

But I afraid that files with information about subcategory design are somewhere in system and making that chaos.
Because for example in this categories layout has still small thumbnails:

I doubt you've written template override for our layout files under {ROOT}/templates/{YOUR_SITE_TEMPLATE}/html/

Kindly rename the folder that belongs to our component in the above path and check now.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Administrator.
7 years 3 months ago #1471

Replied by Chrtkova on topic Thank you...

I really thank you for your amazing and helpful advices and quick response.
Now is everything ok. I renamed the directory and voila! The design of category layout is nice and with small thumbnails. :kiss:
Thank you very much, you made my day. :P
7 years 3 months ago #1472

Replied by Chrtkova on topic Selection of design each category

Administrator wrote: In old version 1.1.0 was possible to change design for each category.

Sorry, we don't have any option to change design for each category from beginning. So, I'm not sure which design you speak about.

Each category settings was possible in menu item.
:kiss:

7 years 3 months ago #1473

Time to create page: 0.275 seconds

Business Address

PLUGINSWARE INTERACTIVE PVT LTD
Door No 2A, Venkateshwara Nagar,
1st Main Road, Velachery, Chennai,
Tamilnadu, India
Pincode: 600042
© 2013 - 2024 Pluginsware Interactive Private Limited. All Rights Reserved. The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted in the United States and other countries.

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.