problem with video displays in the administrative panel Yendifvideoshare 2.1.2

problem with video displays in the administrative panel Yendifvideoshare 2.1.2 was created by treiiderr

Hello!
This is the problem:
Joomla4, Yendifvideoshare 2.1.2 in the admin panel does not show the number of videos shown. The Views column will show 1 to 6 views and does not respond to test video views.
I recently switched to PHP 8.1 and may need to activate some module, but which one?
View statistics are necessary, so how to solve the problem of video displays in the administrative panel?
4 months 4 days ago #2842

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Administrator on topic problem with video displays in the administrative panel Yendifvideoshare 2.1.2

Q1. Joomla4, Yendifvideoshare 2.1.2 in the admin panel does not show the number of videos shown.

The Joomla 4 version of our component follows the same design principles of the Joomla article pages.

Are you not seeing the "Pagination" dropdown in the top right corner of the page above the "Play" column? Kindly share with us a screenshot of your admin panel. So, we could get a clue about the issue.

Q2. The Views column will show 1 to 6 views and does not respond to test video views.

Technically, the views count is calculated only once per user per video. So, if a user watches the same video again & again, the view count is calculated only once. So, kindly check by clearing your browser cache.

If still the issue remains, kindly write to us here yendifplayer.com/support/contactus.html with your site admin access details. So, we could further investigate the issue.
4 months 4 days ago #2844

Replied by treiiderr on topic problem with video displays in the administrative panel Yendifvideoshare 2.1.2

Initially, there was a slightly incorrect translation from the translator. See screenshots. The top videos can't have so few views.
I'll try turning off comments now. I think the reason was the move from joomla3 to joomla4, after which it was impossible to create new videos in several components.
This is how I had to work with the database:
ALTER TABLE kfshs__yendifvideoshare_videos MODIFY COLUMN id INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
4 months 2 days ago #2846
Attachments:

Replied by Administrator on topic problem with video displays in the administrative panel Yendifvideoshare 2.1.2

The component should work smoothy if you have followed our migration guide here yendifplayer.com/j3-to-j4-migration.html

Kindly share with us your site admin and FTP access details here yendifplayer.com/support/contactus.html
So, we could check why the views count doesn't update and fix it accordingly.
4 months 2 days ago #2847

Replied by treiiderr on topic problem with video displays in the administrative panel Yendifvideoshare 2.1.2

Looks like I figured it out:

If Source Type is: you tube, the impression counter does not work.
Previously, there was always Source Type iframe embed code, after moving to Joomla 4? I decided to try Source Type: you tube. Now I have returned the video to Source Type iframe embed code and the counter is working.
A jamb with counters in Source Type: you tube, check it out for yourself!
3 months 4 weeks ago #2848

I have double checked after your reply but I confirm that the views count update with the "YouTube" source type.

Technically, the views count is calculated only once per user per video. So, if a user watches the same video again & again, the view count is calculated only once. So, kindly check by clearing your browser cache.

If still the issue remains, kindly write to us here yendifplayer.com/support/contactus.html with your site admin access details. So, we could further investigate the issue.
3 months 4 weeks ago #2850

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds

Business Address

PLUGINSWARE INTERACTIVE PVT LTD
Door No 2A, Venkateshwara Nagar,
1st Main Road, Velachery, Chennai,
Tamilnadu, India
Pincode: 600042
© 2013 - 2024 Pluginsware Interactive Private Limited. All Rights Reserved. The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted in the United States and other countries.

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.